Sunday 25 October 2015

One down ...one to go!

That is one hunting season down one to go!! Moose season just ended and so did my week alone. So now it is back to making supper, cleaning house and having hubby home!
Not that any of that is going to stop me....I am on a roll and I need to be! I have a few projects that have to get done this week and in between that I have monthly blocks from the guilds to complete.
ok so I have more to do!
Yesterday I took part in a workshop for paper piecing. I knew how to do it but thought a day of sewing would be fun. Who would have thought making four  8" blocks would take more than a day to complete. I got about 1/2 of the components made. So today I will try to finish them up so I can show it on Wednesday at guild.I am making 5 blocks instead of 4 and it will be a tablerunner for my daughter.

I completed two more blocks in our curve block of the month. But I have come to the realization that I don't have enough background fabric. This required immediate attention. So emails were exchanged and my friends Barb and Louise are coming to my rescue and will purchase more for me. I bought the fabric this Fall while on a quilting weekend with them and the store is in their neighbourhood!
I have been sewing on my newest machine this week and it is so smooth. You can read about my newest "herd" member here.
So for today slow stitching will have to wait till this evening.  I usually get a hour or two and get a few stitches into my hexies.
Check out what others are slow stitching today at Kathy's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Great blocks Deanna, hope you had some fun with the hexies in the evening too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like foundation paper piecing and the accuracy it ensures, but it certainly isn't a speedy process, is it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...