Sunday 7 January 2018

The day after....

current project but in blue/white
Although this year my birthday is lasting all month long(self-imposed)...yesterday was the actual day. And what a day it was!!! I was spoiled by my sweet husband. I received a new laptop which will keep me busy learning about but not so much that I don't see the inside of the sewing room ..I hope! He also took care of supper and the clean up(he hates doing dishes) so this was big. It was great not to have to worry about anything for a day! Now today is back to reality...well a little bit I guess. While the laundry is getting done...I am on here and later in my sewing room.
pieces cut and ready to sew today

This is what I have been working on. This is the pattern (pic above) but I made my quilt one row longer and wider. I will be teaching this pattern as a class in two weeks so today I finally have all the pieces cut out and am ready to start sewing them up. Of course leaving step outs to show the students in my class.

Once this class is done I can get back to the projects I was working on before Christmas. I was trying to get my tumbler-leader and ender quilt finished and also working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery. It stalled at clue #4 when the holidays hit!!http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/01/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6-7-8-9.html
On Ringo Lake will have to wait a bit

I have also been stitching away on my hexie quilt. I had it all laid out on the floor the other night and was trying to join things together. Somehow it is not as big as I thought it would be...hmmm! More stitching is required!!
That stitching will get done later today so I can join in with my friend Kathy for some New Year slow stitching. She promotes the needle and thread, no mechanical type of sewing for one day at least! Join in and see what others are working on today too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, sounds like you have had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is a lot of tiny squares you sewed!
    Look forward to seeing your hexie progress!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...