Monday 1 January 2018

January 1st...first day of my month long birthday!

I can blame this one on my daughter. She coined the event "birthday month". So I am going to celebrate all month long, starting today. Also celebrating along with Bonnie Hunter who has a birthday in January and believes in month long birthdays too!

16 patches of blue
Christmas has been put away for another year and I expect tomorrow I will find that one decoration I forgot to put away!
DH was out this afternoon so I spent the time sewing up this mound of 1.5 inch squares. They are for a quilt I am working on. They will be sewn into 16 patches...there are 1300+ squares so this is not going to happen in one afternoon or overnight. Where are those little elves when you need them!

On Ringo Lake waiting patently for me
Sitting on the sidelines is Bonnie Hunter's mystery On Ringo Lake. I got to clue 4 before Christmas and that is where it has stalled. It has been moved to the back burner for the time being. Also today as a little gift to me...I am following along on a one day mystery at Quiltbug.com My friend Kathy shared a link to it on her blog. She is doing the mystery too with some other friends. It is the perfect size for a charity quilt I want to make maybe later this week!
Day one of 2018 is almost finished and it has been a good one!Stay tuned for more!!

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous way to start the new year! That's a LOT of small blue patches to sew... pedal to the metal!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...