Thursday 26 January 2017

Working on it!

Seems to be the theme of the day....working on it,,,trying to get it finished. I realize I am not going to live forever but if I did I would have enough fabric and projects to keep me busy.
January has not been kind so far. I have been to two funeral in 5 days with 2 more funerals to come this week.Nothing like that to get you thinking of finishing things and getting your "poop in a group"!
this pic was during quilting but it is finished now with red binding

Last weekend we had a class on curvy log cabin.  I wanted to not just learn the technique but to actually have a purpose for the quilt when it was finished.  There are a few babies expected this year so issue solved. Now it is finished and waiting for a new home. I am not completely happy with my choice of fabric though. The log cabin effect doesn't really stand out but I am sure a little boy will just love all the puppy dog fabrics.
Today I will be basting yet another baby quilt and machine quilting it. Trying to clean off my tables in my sewing room to make room for setting up the hand quilting frame.

Hold your family close and give a shout out to a friend you haven't seen in awhile before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...