Thursday 3 November 2016

Another finish!


lap quilt finished
There is another finish for me and the fifth one on my to-do list! It is a gift for my cousin's mother in law. I am sure they are all going to like it. I wanted to do some hand quilting on the embroidered parts and last week I spent 4 days at my friend's house so there was lots of sitting and quilting. I only needed one more day to finish the quilting and another day to put the binding on and stitch it down. It is very difficult to capture the colours in a photo.

My next  due date project is a Christmas stocking but that won't take too long so in the mean time I will continue sewing blocks together from my workshop the other week.You can read about it here. I also have to get some fabric cut and sewn into strip sets for this weekend's workshop. YIKES
My class was working with the Sew Kind of Wonderful curved ruler and this weekend is another class using the same ruler. We are getting our money's worth out of that ruler.

Next week is my Fall sewing week...yes DH is gone hunting for the week so that means late nights with movies and cereal for supper(not really but maybe one night)!

As a little bit of colour for the Fall, I bought a bouquet of flowers the other day. They were pretty and the lilies were closed but after a couple of days ....look at what I have!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun during your quilting week! How nice for you! The quilt you finished is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...so nice to be able to see progress! The quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...