Monday 24 October 2016

Frost on the Pumpkin

student's blocks from class
It is turning colder just one day at a time. This week was a busy one. DH was out from his hunt camp for a unexpected funeral of a dear friend. I had to teach a class this weekend that got moved from one venue to another and even had to change days. I also have a couple of projects that have deadlines that are quickly approaching. So what is a girl to do...blog about all of it!!!

more student's blocks from class
I didn't get to join Kathy for slow stitching today read on to find out why. I was teaching a class using the Sew Kind of Wonderful curved ruler. We did the "Chic Sister" pattern that looks like a buzz saw! Nine students and this is the result of a days work. There is lots of sewing to get these two blocks that are the reverse colouring of each other.

One project that I am working on is a gift for a cousin's mother in law. She gave  me the embroidered blocks and I am making a quilt out of them. This is how far I am. Today I will be marking the top for hand quilting and sandwiching it so that I can start the quilting.Some quilting will be machine quilting but around the embroidery I thought it deserved hand quilting.

I have many projects that need completing but somehow I find myself spinning my tires. If this week has showed me anything it is that you just never know what your future is. In a split second everything can be gone and your hourglass of sand has run out. We don't know when that will happen so all we can do is push ourselves to do all those things that we think we have lots of time to do.
Not to get too sad here but just trying to encourage you along.
I started a UFO list, I had one year and I have 7 of 12 projects done. Now some on that list are on-going projects like my hexies but still I feel I have accomplish something.
But it is hard I know...with each new book or magazine purchase there are more ideas to do...well just do them, what are we waiting for.

So with that said...I am off to my sewing room! Have a great week everyone!


2 comments:

  1. The blocks look great! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the rescheduled workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embroidery blocks you are working with... it will be a wonderful gift! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...