Saturday 23 July 2016

Aftershocks!!!

No, no earthquakes....just home from vacation retreat and now to get back into a routine of sorts. Garden needs weeding, laundry has built up and the house needs cleaning...but other than that life is normal!!
Fabric Piranhas
Our 3rd annual retreat is over and I had an enjoyable quilting retreat with my fellow Fabric Piranhas. I really have to say not much sewing got done but we did manage to do damage at a few stores. Myself, I managed to get to 15 stores. Most were on the row by row and some were part of another shop hop that I needed a minimum 7 of 14 shops to be entered for a draw. I shopped my way to my friend's house.With more shopping  spread out over 3 days, that with a bridal shower thrown in the mix..We fit sewing in where we could.
Kathy machine quilting
I would have to say the Kathy from slow stitching with Kathy blog, got the most done. She was machine quilting away before I even got set up. Then she went on to complete some blocks from last year's shop hop(it's never too late). Barb was working on a wall hanging from a workshop she took earlier this year,Louise(mother of brides-one daughter married and one yet to go this year) was binding on a quilt(her brain was on overload with the wedding plans) and I got my next quilt cut out and one block made!My suggestion was to have the retreat next year where there are less quilt stores to distract us!!

my pretty girl and her birthday quilt

Probably the best part of the weekend was delivering to my daughter her birthday quilt. She loved it!So naturally we had to do a photo shoot. With the bridal shower winding down in the backyard we took some time in the front yard. Then I had to see if I could fold the quilt small enough to fit in a backpack so she could take it home on her motorcycle! Mission accomplished.
now she's ready for the road-quilt packed












Each year I make up "goodie loot bags" for the girls. This retreat started out as my birthday in July(mine is actually in January). The big hit this year was these mugs.Offensive language sorry! A friend's daughter made them for us.

Seems appropriate that as our retreat comes to an end that there was this chance for a sunset pic at the beach looking out over Lake Huron. They have some beautiful sunset in this area.
I have more about the retreat in the days to come. Look back in to see what else we did.


Happy Saturday!!!




2 comments:

  1. That sunset photo is gorgeous... frame worthy!
    As is the photo of your gorgeous daughter with her quilt!
    Sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cup :)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...