Thursday 3 September 2015

Three gals and a road trip!!

Doesn't that just start visions in your head! Well yesterday myself and two friends set out on an adventure. Two and a half hours later we were at our first destination of the day Cookstown. We headed west from there to Alliston, Shelbourne where we stopped for lunch. Now we cued up the GPS and headed for a store the owner at Alliston told us about, Conn. A minor snaffu with the directions and two phone calls later  we found the place. Good thing we had the phone number!!
my need to haves!!!
Then we headed north to Markdale for a quick stop. We still had two stores we wanted to get to. By the time we got to Maxwell ...it would prove to be our last stop. We decided to really enjoy this store and spent a little more time wandering around and chatting with the two ladies that were working.
Now I did have a plan...I needed a couple Stonehenge for a project, a couple chocolate browns(they are hard to come by like 70% dark chocolate colour) and I needed some white tone on tones. I needed a hanger for a monthly project we are making at one of my guilds. So thus this pic..I think I did very well! I did pick up a couple row by rows for a friend who couldn't go with us but the license plate is for me.
However as most of you may know, a quilter is seldom that controlled!!! Once you enter into some of these stores...your mind goes into hyper-drive with all the projects you could do or want to do!! YIKES!!!! Nevermind if they have deals...or that sale rack...who could resist!!! Ya not me!!!
Oops...the can't pass up!!
best deal of the day
But I think the best deal of the day came from the Conn store "Creekbank Sewing Machine Store", she had surprise grab bags for $9.95...I can't resist these as all my quilting friends will attest to! I even managed to convince my travelling buddies that they really had nothing to lose, so we each got one!! Five batik fat quarters, spool of mettler sparkly thread, pen and two pkg of buttons. It was like Christmas!!!
Realtree  deer panel
As we loaded up and headed for home, our exciting day wasn't over yet. We stopped for a late supper and while we were in the restaurant, something happened out in the large mall parking lot. There were police cars all around blocking exits, one ambulance and fire trucks. Have no idea what happened but we were able to get out of there and head for home and our beds!! We left at 6:50 in the morning and were home by 11 pm and travelled over 650km. Yes we are crazy quilters!!
So today I am resting and  hand quilting on this quilt. Seems I have caught the cold DH has had for a couple of days. Sore throat really hurts.








 I would like to give a special shout out to Lilac Lane for the water and cookies in our bag and to the Maxwell store Threads that Bind for the cloth shopping bag(love the green)!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I would have been able to come with you. I think I need more than one dog sitter option. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! How blessed you are to have quilty friends to shop hop with.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...