Sunday 12 July 2015

Piranha Weekend

Our work space...don't we look productive!
Well life is continuing on its journey and what better way to start a new chapter than to have friends around you. I have  three quilt buddies here for a few days of sewing, quilting, chatting and laughter...my sides are hurting.
I have sewn 5 fox blocks for a special gift that another group of quilters is working on. Now I am onto my Jamestown Landing quilt from Bonnie Hunter's book. This was a leaders and enders for me for awhile but now the push is on to finish it. After that who knows what I may get into.
Joining Kathy today for some slow stitching in my gazebo...she is here in person..at my house!!!

I have lots of binding to do for slow stitching but do I really want all that flannel quilt on my lap...NOT!!! So maybe some hexies or embroidery will be in the works for me.

Another milestone this week...little (not so little) Belle is 1 year old!!! Happy Birthday girlie!!Here she is enjoying her toy...it didn't last long! That tennis ball was in pieces and the rope was chewed to bits...back to her KONG toy which she hasn't managed to destroy yet!!




4 comments:

  1. Joining Kathy in person. So exciting! Love the foxes. Hope you have lots of fun with your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun few days. It is always fun quilting in a group.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure which caught my eye most ... your blocks and pictures of your sewing get together fun or your sweet Belle (oh how I miss our dear Toby).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look like you are having fun and getting lots of sewing done! Love the foxes! I like to do hand sewing in my gazebo too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...