Friday 27 March 2015

The winner is......

What are you doing mom!?
In my last post I was asking for advice on what backing to choose. Well I went with the dark pink. It worked well with the rest of the quilt better than the other ones. It is done now and I am just waiting to put the label on and deliver it for Easter weekend.


aiding in a clean out or adding to my addiction?
Tuesday was a very exciting day around here. Good things were being showered on me. The night before DH saw an advertisement for someone cleaning out a sewing/quilting room. I never thought anymore about it after reading it till Tuesday morning when a friend called me. She had a fellow who needed a quilt quilted and she was wondering if I would be interested. She mentioned his wife had passed away and he was in the middle of cleaning out her sewing room. Hmmm...yup I asked and he was the same fellow in the advertisement. What a coincidence!I believe things happen for a reason. I talked to the fellow(Louis) later that day and made arrangements for a friend and I to go and visit. Her sewing room wasn't big but she had lots in it. I was given a chance to rehome some of her projects, one quilt that needs finishing, a Q-snap frame, a bolt of muslin and lots of pieces of fabric(who doesn't need more fabric)!! The quilt I will finish and return to Louis for his family. But there is another quilt that he wants quilted. Plain stars in solid colours. The fabrics were his wife's grandmothers. WOW!! He is going to let me know about that quilt and  getting it finished cause his daughter would like it.
I also won an online auction that day...I got a like new coffee perculator pot for $10( valued at $90)!!
I received a $20 cheque in the mail and lastly I found the very large box of dog biscuits that I have been looking for for awhile now. It was
indeed a GREAT day!!!!    
 I am the designer/cutter/preparer of fabric that someone else is sewing up into a  baby quilt. We spent the other day searching through my stash for just the right combinations and coming up with a design. I think it will look great. Here is a sneak peek. Don't want to let the whole cat out of the bag just yet!!
Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of freshly fallen snow. Lots don't like it but I think it is pretty and it covers up all that Spring "ick"!!! The only thing is I have to go out later and I hope the roads aren't too bad. Have a great Friday!


1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that?!? You both helped each other out!
    Maybe you should also get a lottery ticket while you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...