Tuesday 21 January 2014

One year Anniversary

I knew  it but forgot to remember it!! That's right it has been one year of blogging. It has indeed gone by very quickly! It has been a year of triplets, 2 weddings on the same day, moving daughter not once but twice and numerous other events. What does the next year hold in store is anybody's guess. But I know I will still be quilting, finding UFOs to complete, and starting new projects.

Just the beginning
At guild today, our workshop was on a Ricky Tims design...Cool Kaleidoscopes! There is a bit of prep work making the strip sets, but what fun when you start cutting out the templates.This is just the beginning, but it is shaping up nicely. The finished block will be 36" square! I think I will have to add a few more darker colours to my strip sets too! There is some waste with this method but I think after you do it once you can eliminate some of the waste.You have to cut everything out before you start sewing so it is pinned to batting for now!

 I have also finished a knitted shrug for myself, just need to buy a pin to hold it closed. It was a kit from Mary Maxum. I choose the perfect day to wear it too as the temperature today was -33Celcius this morning with a windchill it was -43!!! brrrrr!!!! The sun made the day bright and sunny though! Gee I really hate pics of myself!!!

Love cameras with timers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...