Thursday 21 November 2013

Back to a routine!

Dresdan Plates
Well hunting season is over for another year and DH is back home! Hmmm means making suppers and packing lunches for me! The weather has been dreary here which means the ambition level is not high. It is easier to sit down and knit then head down to the sewing room and try to get something done. But last weekend  I wanted to work on yet another UFO, so this is the one I dug out!It is 10-12 year old. I think the blocks had to sit and age gracefully for awhile.  But now I find the fabrics and colours are dated. So I am hoping that the cornerstones and sashing along with the outside border(on the far right) help it to be a little less old!!!  The outside border is striped and I had a fun time joining all those pieces together!! Hate matching lines.Although I love the pattern, these are definitely not my colours but for some reason I do love it. I intend to hand quilt it too!!
Watcing over my computer 
It is getting to be late November. Have you started Christmas shopping?  I know I haven't. But I have put up outdoor Christmas lights and some indoor wallhangings. This is one of my favourites!Makes you think of snowy days to come and mugs of hot chocolate!!
Also this week I talked at my guild about blogs with another member Rose Marie. If you are visiting for the first time welcome and  to those of you who keep coming back even though I don't blog as often as others ..thank you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...