Monday 28 October 2013

While the cat is away......

That's a lot of pins
This little mouse is playing in her sewing room. Along with finally washing the wedding quilt, I am putting the finishing touches on a quilt top and have pinned it and am ready to start machine quilting it tomorrow.




after washing
Now for the near disaster I discovered. After washing the wedding quilt and setting it in the clothes basket to wait for cheaper hydro time after a few hours I looked at it only to see the brown making run marks on the beige backing fabric. I freaked out!!!! Starting rinsing it in water and decided to put it through the washing machine again. While waiting for the washer to fill up, I realized it wasn't the brown fabric but the quilting thread itself that was causing the mess and only on the backing fabric not on the front of the quilt. Quite strange! I used a brown thread, Guitermann. I have never had this happen before. After rewashing the quilt for the most part the stains are gone. There are just a couple of places where you can still see the smudges near the quilting thread. I am going to leave it at that and give special directions
after washing


for washing when I give it to the couple. Hopefully my two washings will do the trick! My heart has starting beating in a normal rythm now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...